Saturday, May 15, 2010

54

The Myers Briggs test was really interesting because it gave a specific personality type. I think that the questions it asked were phrased in a way where you didn't necessarily feal that your giving away a lot of information about your personality which I think contributes to the accuracy of the results. Also when I took this test I was unaware of how it graded you and what the letters meant so I think that helped me give the most accurate answers possible. At the end of the test I was told that I am a esfp, which is apparently someone who is very in the moment and spontaneous and so forth. I think that I fill that role but I also think that if I got any of the personality types that I would find some things in common with that type. So therefore a fun experiment would be to give someone the test and tell them their result was different then it actually was and see if they agree with the outcome.
Something that I found interesting about the results were that a lot of my friends that took the test were also esfp's or had a lot of the letters in common. What I thought about most was how are these types developed or are people born with some natural brain alignment which causes them to think a certain way. My geuss would be some combination of both; I think that people are not only raised with a certain movement to one side or the other but people also are born with some type of pre-deposition. However I think that the majority of these personality types are compatable with one and other but if people put too much stock into the results people become trapped and feel profiled which is certainly not a good for anybody because then they could possibly loose their beliefs about their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment